Founded in 2013, Columbia China Dance is the only dance group at Columbia University that focuses on traditional Chinese dance from around the country.
- Promote Chinese Traditional Dance to the Columbia University community and New York City through various performances
- Give dancers the opportunity to learn a diverse range of Chinese ethnic styles through practices and rehearsals
- Share the team's hardwork and artistry in an annual showcase hosted by Columbia China Dance
Fall 2020 Programming
The board has taken the summer to carefully restructure Columbia China Dance's programming in the fall to accommodate for online instruction through Zoom. The changes are outlined below:
- There will be no auditions this semester and all are welcome to attend rehearsals and events offered by the club
- The club will teach three dances this semester via Zoom in order: 多情种, 有凤来仪, and TBD
- There will be two rehearsals a week for the dance we're learning to accommodate for different time zones, but you will only need to attend one
- We will host technique classes once a month on Zoom
Upcoming & Past Events
Meet the board and our amazing coach! Hover over or click on each member to learn more about them.